One of the most useful additions to your website is a product locator widget. A product locator widget is used to display your product or services in a neat and organized way on your website.
As a result, your customer will immediately be able to identify what products or services you have to offer, and from where they can be bought.
Each and every industry and sector can benefit from a product locator widget.
Therefore, in this article, we will be demonstrating how you can add a WP Maps product or store locator to a WordPress website.
What is a Product Locator Widget, and Why Does it Matter?
A product locator widget lets business owners easily and effectively display their products or services on their websites so that their customers don’t have any difficulty locating a particular product.
Product locators are extremely useful because they do something that will prevent your customer from leaving your website in frustration, which is to make it easy for them to browse and view your products and services.
As a result, you will have the maximum amount of people looking at your product or services, which increases your chances of getting a sale.
How to Add the WP Maps Product or Store Locator Widget to a WordPress Website
After you have input your stores and product data in WP Maps and built a locator widget with your desired settings, an HTML code will be generated which you can paste into your website to embed the locator in your website.
If you haven’t done the above step you can watch the “Get Started with WP Maps” video.
Copy the HTML code that is generated by WP Maps, you can always locate this code by clicking on the small icon on the bottom-right side of any widget build in the “Builds” section.
Once the code has been copied, please follow the below steps to add the WP Maps locator to your WordPress website:
- Go to WordPress and log in to your account
- Once you arrive at the dashboard, either
- Go to your existing locator page if you have one already created and follow the below steps
- OR Click on the “Pages” tab and select “New Page” ( we will continue with this option)
- On the new page, click on the “Add block” icon
- Type “custom HTML” in the search bar, and click on the "Custom HTML" block when it appears
- In the custom HTML block, paste the WP Maps HTML code
- Give the page a name in the top-left corner
- Press the “Settings” icon on the top-right corner to explore a few more settings
- Before clicking on “Publish”, you can preview what the product locator will look like by clicking on the “Preview” button
- Press “Publish” when you are done, and your product locator will be officially published
After you have published the locator widget, you can view it by clicking on the “View Page” prompt.
Conversely, you can head over to the “All Pages” section in the “Pages” tab, locate the product locator page you created and press “View”.
That’s everything you need to add an amazing WP Maps product or store locator to your WordPress website. This locator widget is bound to be a valuable asset for your business.
There will soon be links available for other “How to…” articles by WP Maps on this page.