One of the most useful additions to your website is a product locator widget. A product locator widget is used to display your products or services in a neat and organized way on your website.
As a result, your customer will immediately be able to identify what products or services you have to offer, and from where they are available.
Each and every industry, sector, and business can benefit from a product locator widget.
Therefore, in this article, we will be demonstrating how you can add a WP Maps product or store locator to a Shopify website.
What is a Product Locator Widget, and Why Does it Matter?
A product locator widget lets business owners easily and effectively display their products or services on their websites so that their customers don’t have any difficulty locating a particular product.
Product locators are extremely useful because they do something that will prevent your customer from leaving your website in frustration, which is to make it easy for them to browse and view your products and services.
As a result, you will have the maximum amount of people looking at your product or services, which increases your chances of getting a sale.
How to Add the WP Maps Product or Store Locator to a Shopify Website
After you have input your stores and product data in WP Maps and built a locator widget with your desired settings, an HTML code will be generated which you can paste into your website to embed the locator in your Shopify website.
If you haven’t done the above step you can watch the “Get Started with WP Maps” video.
Copy the HTML code that is generated by WP Maps, you can always locate this code by clicking on the small icon on the bottom-right side of the widget build in the “Builds” section, located in the "Widgets" tab.
Once the code has been copied, please follow the below steps to add the WP Maps locator to your Shopify website:
- To add the product locator we just configured, we will need to first copy this HTML code.
- Next, we need to log in to our Shopify account and head over to the dashboard.
- Next, you will need to either
- Open your current product locator page and follow the below instructions
- OR create a new page for the WP Maps product locator widget (we will continue with this option)
- On the “Sales Channel” section we need to go under “online stores” and click on “Pages”
- On the “Pages” section, click on “Add Page”
- On the “Add Page” section, give the page a title, for example, “Our Products”
- Click on the “Show HTML” icon
- Paste the WP Maps HTML code we copied
- Before pressing “Save”, take a look at the “visibility” and “page SEO” options
- Once you are done with everything, press “Save”
Once you press “Save” your product or store locator page will officially be published. You can click on the “View on your online store” link to see what your new product locator looks like.
That’s everything you need to know on how to add an amazing WP Maps product or store locator to your Shopify website. This locator widget is bound to be a valuable asset for your business.
There will be links available for other “How to…” articles by WP Maps on this page soon.