One of the most useful additions to your website is a product locator widget. A product locator widget is used to display your product or services in a neat and organized way on your Wix website.
As a result, your customer will immediately be able to identify what products or services you have to offer, and from where they are available.
Each and every industry and sector can benefit from a product locator widget.
Therefore, in this article, we will be demonstrating how you can add a WP Maps product locator to a Wix website.
What is a Product Locator Widget, and Why Does it Matter?
A product locator widget lets business owners easily and effectively display their products or services on their websites so that their customers don’t have any difficulty locating a particular product.
Product locators are extremely useful because they do something that will prevent your customer from leaving your website in frustration, which is to make it easy for them to browse and view your products and services.
As a result, you will have the maximum amount of people looking at your product or services, which increases your chances of getting a sale.
How to Add the WP Maps Product or Store Locator to a Wix Website
After you have input your stores and product data in WP Maps and built a locator widget with your desired settings, an HTML code will be generated which you can paste into your website to embed the locator in your Wix website.
If you haven’t done the above step you can watch the “Get Started with WP Maps” video.
Copy the HTML code that is generated by WP Maps, you can always locate this code by clicking on the small icon on the bottom-right side of the widget build in the “Builds” section located in the “Widgets” tab.
HTML Code for the Locator Widget
Once the code has been copied, please follow the below steps to add the WP Maps locator to your Wix website:
- Log in to your Wix account or create a new account
- If you already have a Wix account, you will need to go to your locator page and follow the below steps
- New account creators will be directed to the “My Sites” section upon creation
- Click on “Create New Site”, and follow the on-screen instruction
- Fill out the information or skip it for now
- Choose a template for your website by clicking on “Edit” to create the layout of your website
- Once it’s done, you will land on the website editor
- At the website editor create a new page for your locator widget by clicking on “Pages and Menus”, and then clicking on “Add Page”
"Pages and Menu" Tab
- Click on “+Blank Page”, give your new page a name, and press “Done”.
- You will land on your newly created page, now you just need to add a product or store locator widget.
- (optional) Before adding the widget, add a heading to your new page by clicking on the “Add elements” link, and then select “Text” and “Add Heading 2”.
- Add your title by clicking the “Edit text” button and typing the title.
- To add the product or store locator widget click on the “Add Elements” button on the side panel
"Add Elements" Tab
- Go to “Embed Code” and select “Embed Html”. This will add an HTML editor to your page.
"Embed HTML" Button on Wix
14. Paste the HTML code from WP Maps into the HTML editor and press “Update”.
15. Now the locator widget has been added to your page. Stretch it out on the majority of the page.
To see your newly added locator widget, you first need to publish your website by clicking on “publish”.
When your website is published, click on “View Site” to go directly to your new website. Locate the page we created and click on it to see your new product or store locator.
Product Locator on a Wix Website
That’s everything you need to know on how to add an amazing WP Maps product or store locator to your Wix website. This locator widget is bound to be a valuable asset for your business.
There will be links available for other “How to…” articles by WP Maps on this page soon.