The fifth section of the “Get Started” Page is "Customize to Your Theme”. This section is used to change the overall look of your product locator and/or store locator through changes such as:
- Color Customization
- Word Translation
- Template Customization
- Widget Editing
The “Customize to Your Theme” section has two buttons:
- Color Change
Each of these buttons will take you to the “Widgets” page of WP Maps. If you have a store or product locator build created you will need to click on the “Options” button in the “Builds” section to access a list of options.
From the “Options” button (in the “Builds” section) you will be presented with 6 options:
- The “Edit” option will allow you to make changes to your product and store build
- The “Preview” option is used to see what your product and store locator build looks like
- The “Color Update” option will enable you to change the color of your product locator build
- The “Customize” option will take you to a screen where you will be able to customize the displayed information of the store list, product card, store infobox, lead forms, etc.
- The “Translate” option will enable you to change certain fixed words on the platform into your preferred synonyms
- Finally, the “Delete” option will permanently delete the build from your account
In this article, we will briefly explain what 4 of these options (“Edit”, “Color Update”, “Customize” and “Translate”) are used for.
Customize Your Theme Section
The “Edit” Button is used to make changes to the setting and options you configured while creating a store or product locator build.
The “Edit” button will take you to the “Product Locator Configurator” section where you will be able to make any changes you see fit in the “Map Configuration” and “UI Settings” tabs.
"Product Locator Configurator" Page
Press the “Update” button, on the “Publish” tab once you are done making your desired changes.
2- Change Colors
The “Color Update” option is used to change the colors of the product and store locator widget.
"Color Update" Option
The “Color Update” option will open a color customizer modal window. From this window, you will be able to change various color schemes of your product or store locator.
Color Customizer Section
The “Customize” button is used to make changes to the template of the product and store locator. Moreover, customizing the template can be done via HTML or through an interactive UI editor.
Clicking on the customization button will take you to the “Template Customizer” page where you will be able to customize the template of various sections such as store list, product card, lead form, etc.
"Template Customizer" Page
The “Translate” option is used to change certain words that appear by default on the product and store locator widget.
The “Translate” option will take you to the “Translation” section, where you can change specific words on your product or store locator to your preferred synonyms.