With WP Maps users have the option to adjust the “offset” of a marker.
"Offset" refers to the positioning of a marker relative to its geographical coordinates on the map. It allows users to fine-tune the exact location of the marker's visual representation on the map.
Key benefits of marker offset include:
- To provide more control over the positioning of markers and enhance the visual representation of points of interest on the map
- Improving user experience by ensuring that markers are accurately placed and easy to distinguish
When a marker is added to the store locator map, its default position is usually centered exactly on the specified latitude and longitude. However, users may want the marker to be slightly adjusted from its exact coordinates to align better with the point of interest or to avoid overlapping with other markers.
The marker offset on WP Maps is defined using horizontal and vertical values in pixels. By adjusting the offset, you can place the marker precisely where you want it on the map.
The “Marker Offset” field is located in the “UI Settings” tab in the “Product Locator Configurator” section. To access the “Marker Offset” field, please follow the below steps:
1. Log in to your WP Maps account
2. Go to the “Widgets” page, and scroll down to the “Builds” section
3. On a build, click on the “Options” button, and select “Edit”
4. Once you are at the “Product Locator Configurator” page, click on the “UI SETTINGS” tab
5. Scroll down and locate the “Marker Offset” field at the end of the page
6. Add your desired marker offset values
7. Click on the “Publish” tab, and press “Update”
Once the build is updated, your marker offset values will be applied.
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com