The lead form, which captures customer information, on WP Maps, is integrated with reCaptcha v3 which helps protect your WP Maps account from spam, abuse, and malicious bots.
The newer version of reCAPTCHA, v3, is an invisible CAPTCHA. Unlike the traditional version, v3 does not require any user interaction. Instead, it runs in the background and assigns a score to website interactions, based on the likelihood of the user being human or a bot. Website owners can use this score to take appropriate actions, such as blocking suspicious activities or presenting additional challenges for potentially risky interactions.
To activate reCAPTCHA v3 on your WP Maps account, please follow the below steps:
- Log in to your WP Maps account
- Go to the “Super Administrator” page (via the “Super Admin” tab),
- Select the “API Keys” tab and click on the “reCAPTCHA” sub-tab
- You will need to get the “Site Key and “Secret Key” from the reCAPTCHA website
- Click on the “reCaptcha v3” text in the description, and you will be taken to the main Google reCAPTCHA website.
- Click on the “v3 Admin Console” button
- On the “Register a new site” page, add a label for the site where you will be using reCAPTCHA
- Select the “Score based (v3)” option in the “reCAPTCHA TYPE” section
- Add your domain name
- Agree to the terms and conditions, and press “Submit”
- Once the request is submitted you will get the “Site Key” and “Secret Key”.
- Copy both of these keys and go back to the “Super Administrator” page on WP Maps
- Go to the “API Keys” tab, and select the “reCAPTCHA” sub-tab
- Paste both the “Site Key” and “Secret Key” in their respective fields
- Press “Save Settings”
Now reCAPTCHA v3 has successfully been activated on your WP Maps account.
For any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com