WP Maps application has a very useful auto-save function that saves any changes you make to your store and/or product data.
The auto-update function can be used on the WP Maps platform, to automatically save or update changes made to store and product data for a certain build. In addition, the auto-update feature also works on the WP Maps Spreadsheet tool add-on.
Let's go over both these sections separately.
WP Maps Platform
Once you make store or product data changes to a specific build, you will need to press the “Update” button on the “Widgets” page for the changes to take place.
The WP Maps auto-update function will be triggered in 20 minutes if you do not update the build manually.
To enable the auto-update function, you simply need to turn it on in the “Publish” section when creating a new “build” from the “widgets” page. Follow the below steps to enable or disable the auto-save feature:
- Log in to your WP maps account, and press on the “Widgets” tab
- On the “Widgets” page, click on “Install Widget”
- Fill in the information on the “MAP CONFIGURATION”, “UI SETTINGS”, and “DATA FILTERING” sections, and press “Next”.
- On the “PUBLISH” section, give your build a name, and click on the “Auto Update” button to enable auto-save
- Click on the “Publish” button to publish the build
If you would like to enable or disable auto-save for a specific existing build, please follow the below steps:
- Go to the “Widgets” page
- Click on the “Options” button on a specific build, and select the “Edit” option
- Go to the “PUBLISH” section, click on the “Auto Update” button to enable (or disable) auto-save
- Click on "Update" when you're done
If the auto-update option is left “off”, then users will need to manually update or save any changes they make by pressing the “Update” button on the build.
WP Maps Spreadsheet Tool
Similarly, the auto-update function is also available on Google Sheets once you install the WP Maps spreadsheet tool add-on.
Any changes that a user makes to the store or product data on a Google spreadsheet will need to be saved manually by pressing the “Save Now” button. Changes made to the product or store data are NOT auto-updated.
To manually apply any changes to a specific build, simply select the build from the “Widgets Build” drop-down menu and then press the “Publish” button. If the build is not manually updated in 20 minutes, the auto-update function will be triggered and the changes made to the data will automatically be applied to the selected specific build.
For any questions or concerns, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org