This article will explain how to set up a Mapbox API token for your WP Maps account that will allow you to use Mapbox and its features on your website.
MapBox is an online mapping service that enables you to create dynamic maps that curtail the difference between the real and virtual world. Furthermore, Mapbox is considered one of the most innovative choices when comes to online mapping services and is used by thousands of websites.
Steps for Creating a Mapbox API Token
To create a Mapbox API token, please follow the below steps:
- Head over to Mapbox.com and create a new account (or sign in if you already have an account)
- On the main dashboard, click on “Create a token”
- On the “Create an access token” page you should:
- Name the token with something that relates to your website
- Add your website’s address in the “URL” section, and click on “Add URL”
- Next, click on “Create Token” and a new token will be created for Mapbox
New API Token Created
- Copy the newly generated token and paste it into the configuration section of WP maps
- On your WP Maps account, click on the “Super Admin” section in the sidebar
- Navigate to “API keys”, paste the token under the “Mapbox” section, and press “Save”
Insert API Token in Super Admin Section
- Now you need to refresh the store locator build from the dashboard in WP Maps
- Once you refresh the build, it will generate a code. Copy this code.
New code Generated on WP maps
- Paste this code on the WordPress page and click on “update”
Add New Code on WordPress
Now the Mapbox map on your website will be ready and fully functioning.
Thank you for reading this article. Hopefully, it will help you in successfully getting the Mapbox map up and running on your website.